problem with panasonic drm es10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mgirg, Mar 15, 2006.

1. mgirg

mgirg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I just got a panasonic drmes10 and soething very unusual and annoying happens. I have my sky+ bok connected via the first scart to my tv and the second scart to my panasonic dvd recorder to the second scat socket on it. the first scart socket on the dvd recorder is not connected to anything. the recorder is connected to my tv via componenet output. now when sky+ is turned off and i turn on the dvd player to watch either tv or a dvd via it, it will make my tv switch to the first scart input (ie the one my sky+ box is connected to) and i will get the signal through there as well as throught the component inputs. How is this happening?

surely it means when i turn on the dvd player it is turning its av2 socket from and input to an output, the signal is going through to the sky box second scart socket (which is meant to be an output only) and then going through my sky box and back out through its first scart socket. Has anyone else experienced this unusal phenomenon? is it a problem with my dvd recorder or the sky box? is there anyway to stop it from happening?

2. scragend

scragend
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have Sky+ connected via SCART to AV1 on the TV, a DVD/VCR combi connected via SCART to AV2 on the TV, and a SCART connecting the Sky+ and combi.

When the Sky+ box is on its signal comes through on both AV channels on the TV, as long as the combi is off. If the combi is on then it comes through on AV2 and the Sky+ on AV1 only.

3. mgirg

mgirg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks for the help, but that is not quite what i am talking about.

i probably didnt explain myself properly. when my sky+ box is off, and i turn on the dvd recorder, the tv switches to the scart input connect to the sky + box and displays whatever is going on on my dvd recorder, ie a tv channel or dvd playing, whatever my recorder is doing at the time. This therefore causes interference on my sky+ when watched on the tv if i have my dvd. has anyone else noticed this happening?

4. Bal2005

Bal2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Confused about your setup?

Scarts do loop through so yes you would get the signal eitherway in or output.

If your watching the DVD via component then why not opt for non-fully wired scart or try taking out pin 19 on the DVD scart (Video out I think).

When you are using component out on the DVD I presume you can still choose RGB or is composite the only input to the DVD?

If it is composite then get one of those scart leads where you can choose input or output depending which way you going.

If RGB, then try an RGB only scart.

Thanks

5. mgirg

mgirg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

thanks for your help. i understand what you are saying and i think i will take your advise, but how comes the signal goes into av2 on the sky+ box thn gets routed through to av1 on the sky box back to the tv. it seems to me that that is very odd!

6. 42Diesel

42Diesel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mgirg, I bought an ES10 last week and have also noticed something similar to what you described. It was wierd. After the Sky engineer has been today (to sort out my scart socket problem) I'll have a play and see if it's the same.

7. Bal2005

Bal2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you think about it and go back to the days of VCR's and Sky box's.

What you had was this

Sky Box > AV2 on the VCR > VCR to AV1 on TV

So if the VCR wasn't on you get this

Sky Box Looping through the VCR to the TV on AV1.

If you are saying you SKy Box is on and you still get the problem, then what you will need to do is to rule out things like , take out the scart from the Sky Box to the DVD Recorder and make sure you have a clear picture to start with.

once done you then need to see if you can hold of the cables I talked about and again see of you get a clear picture.

If Yes, then the fully wired scart is allowing the picture back.

See how you get on.

Thanks

8. mgirg

mgirg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks. it is definately looping through the sky box, as it if they are both on i wont get my sky signal at all through the av1 scart from sky to tv it is just a black screen, i presume because the signals clash. this doesnt happen if i unplug thr scart from the dvd recorder. i think i will getr an svideo cable and connect my sky box to the dvd player through this to bypass the problem. thanks for all your help