• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem With Onkyo Amp?

The Kizzmesiter

Standard Member
Hi

Bit of a newbie here so please be kind!

I have the following kit which I am sure I must be able to get to work together better:

TV - Samsung LE40A656
Amp - Onkyo TX-SR706
Sky + HD
Blu Ray - Pioneer BDP 320
Xbox 360

I have a two or three problems that I think must be solvable (?!)-

1 - The HDMI hand shake on the AMP between any of the above seems to take a while and the TV will revert to a "searching for signals", "check signal" or "no signal" message while I wait patiently. This is particularly annoying when going between the Sky + and, say, Xbox on the amp.

2 - When I switch off the Blu Ray the TV sometimes reverts to terrestrial rather than staying on HDMI (through the amp)

Also (and this could be really stupid!), should I connect the above in to the TV first and then through the HDMI out in to the amp...or....into the amp first and then one HDMI in to the TV (which is waht I have done). We use the amp for all sources as the sound on the TV is pants.

It's a sign of getting old when technology gets the better of you!!

Thanks

TK

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom