1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with new xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by gizlaroc, Dec 13, 2002.

1. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    I just bought a UK xbox for xboxlive and it came with segaGT included, halfway through races a message comes up on screen saying

"please insert controller into port number 1"

if i hit start i can continue, but this is very annoying, have done all the obvious things like check connections etc.

called support, and they didnt have a clue, they insisted that it was the disc, sent me another one out next day delivery, put it in and tried it again, same thing.

this doesnt happen with any other title or with jsrf that is also on the same disc.

just wondered if anyone else who got this disc has had the same problem, cant see it being the disc myself, but after another call they are sending me the games again !!
    doesnt bother me as they will go up on ebay.

the annoying thing is my other xbox is at my brothers house and he is away till monday so i dont have another controller to see if it is that.

so anyone else got this package with the games packed in ??

if you have let me know if you have had this hapen to you, or if it is fine.

thanks

Guy

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    never heard of that mate, probably more likely the controller IMO. Can you take it back and change the whole lot.
    Hope you get it sorted.:)

3. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like the controller, mine's fine with Sega GT. Is it an original controller or third party. you hav'nt got the madcats one with the macro button have you?

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    it is the controller that came with it, I phoned them back to ask them to send me a new controller but they insisted that it would be the software, i will just take it back for exchange and ebay the 3 sets of games i now have.

Really didnt want to return it as i have all my splinter cell saves on the hard drive, and i am really enjoying the game, may buy a memery card first to transfer the data onto new xbox or I will never play it again.

thanks guys

5. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The XBox I have just bought had a faulty controller but this one would not work at all.

Took the controller back to Game and as they did not have another I got a new Controller-s instead (which I prefer).

Seems to be a problem with the new packs (maybe just a bad batch).

Cheers
    RB

6. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    going to take the controller back tomorrow, hope i get a S controller, not that i will, that is the worse part about the xbox, oh and the fact that it is so bloody ugly ;)