Problem with new DMR-EX95VEBS

nbudd

Novice Member
I've just bought a Panasonic DMR-EX95VEBS Recorder, set it up as per instructions and it worked fine for a week. Then for some reason I could not get
anything (through it) to display on the TV. The input select, rec mode etc would
change on the DVD's front panel but the TV continues to show
SKY channels. In final desperation, I turned the DVD off at the
mains for 30 seconds and when I turned it back on it worked fine.
Has anyone else had this, any idea why? Would this be cosidered a
faulty DVD recorder? Any thoughts appreciated. BTW TV is Ferguson.
Nick

Gavtech

Administrator
I've just bought a Panasonic DMR-EX95VEBS Recorder, set it up as per instructions and it worked fine for a week. Then for some reason I could not get
anything (through it) to display on the TV. The input select, rec mode etc would
change on the DVD's front panel but the TV continues to show
SKY channels. In final desperation, I turned the DVD off at the
mains for 30 seconds and when I turned it back on it worked fine.
Has anyone else had this, any idea why? Would this be cosidered a
faulty DVD recorder? Any thoughts appreciated. BTW TV is Ferguson.
Nick

Ni Nick

No this is not faulty.
It is a common occurrence with any equipment that includes a microprocessor and especially one dealing with any received processed data which can be so easily corrupted en-route.

Corruption can also be caused by noise on the mains caused by 'noisy' switches.

The remedy is as you did: A power reset.

In any event it should be possible to force the TV to switch to the appropriate AV channel using the TV controls.

There is one change you may care to make which may give a machine behaviour that you prefer. [ Assuming you are connected by scart]

Go into: Functions / To others / Setup / Connections / and change AV1 output setting from RGB 2 to RGB 1.

With this setting you will see the output of the unit on the TV all the time it is switched on.
If the behaviour is not to your liking then simply return the setting to RGB 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom