Problem with network player

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by rockerman, Mar 21, 2018.

1. rockerman

rockerman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all I have two network players one in living room and one in bedroom. The one on my living room is Denon dnp 720 the one in the bedroom is a pioneer n30. The problem I'm having is. I can listen to planet rock in the living room using internet radio on the Denon player but when I try to get it on the pioneer it finds the station but when I press play to play it will not play instead it plays the next station on the list. Do anyoneknow why this doing this regards Ian

2. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,368
    Both seem to use vTuner so should be the same. Are you selecting from the Denon's Internet radio menu or from a stored favourite? Maybe the url has changed if the latter.

3. rockerman

rockerman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for your reply. I have found the station by doing internet radio menu on both players but the pioneer one find it but won't play it. It skips to the next station. Regards Ian

4. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,368
    I can only suggest the usual, make sure the firmware's up to date & then maybe a factory reset.

5. rockerman

rockerman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've updated firmware and factory reset still the same problems. I think it's time to. give up trying

6. Cebolla

Cebolla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Hi Ian,

May be not give up just yet, perhaps, as long as you can go through the simple process of creating a pioneer.vtuner account for your N-30 (if you haven't already) and adding your own station with the following link for the Planet Rock internet radio station stream (courtesy of the excellent radiofeeds.co.uk UK & Ireland internet radio station directory):
    http://edge-bauermz-10-gos2.sharp-stream.com/planetrock.mp3

Pioneer vTuner account registration (click ACCEPT at bottom of page)/login here:
    http://pioneer.vtuner.com/setupapp/pioneer/asp/AuthLogin/SignIn.asp

[​IMG]

You should now be able to select and play the Planet Rock stream using the Pioneer Control app/remote control by accessing Internet Radio > Find Net Radio > Added Stations

The Pioneer streamer can play the above 112kbps mp3 Planet Rock stream (I have an N-50, which has the same firmware as the N-30 and shares much of the same hardware), but mysteriously it doesn't support the format of the 112kbps mp3 Planet Rock stream in the pioneer.vtuner's own directory:
    http://tx.whatson.com/icecast.php?i=planetrock.mp3

This causes the Pioneer to look for next 'valid track' to play, ie, it skips to the next internet radio station stream in the Pioneer's current radio station list and tries to play that stream instead - as you've already reported. The "File Format Not Supported" error message is actually displayed by the Pioneer, but it would be hard to spot as it's almost immediately wiped out by the next radio station's playing display.

It also has a similar problem with planetrock.com site's link to the 112kbps mp3 stream:
    http://tx.sharp-stream.com/icecast.php?i=planetrock.mp3

BTW, the Denon and the Pioneer devices do get the same link from vTuner, as @Crocodile suspected. So this problem appears to restricted to just the Pioneer streamers.

John

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  7. rockerman

rockerman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you cebolla i now have planet rock on my pioneer your advice work great. Regards Ian

8. Cebolla

Cebolla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    No worries, glad I could help.