1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with Nad C542 CD Player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by colonio, Oct 20, 2005.

1. colonio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Please, sorry for my English (I'm from Spain).
    I have a C542 cd player since 1 week.
    It sounds really great!!
    But one time (only one time until now) it did something strange:
    I have left a CD inside when I turned it off (completely off, not in stand-by).
    Then when I powered it up, it started to read the CD which was inside, but it didn't seem to be able to do it. After a while, it still didn't show the track list.
    So I pressed the Open button, and the tray opened, but the CD was still spinning on the tray!!
    I put in another CD and closed the tray, but the player was already unable to read it. After 2 o 3 attempts with different CD's, I turned off the CD player, turned it on, and then all seemed to work correctly!!
    It was able to read all the CD's that it wasn't before!
    I don't detected any other problems, except that maybe it takes a little long to read the track list of a CD, at normal operation. But there aren't sound problems once it reads a CD correctly.

That could be a problem of my CD player unit?
    I've heard that some Nad cd players were very sensible to even slightly scratched CD's.
    Maybe as it wasn't able to read the CD it had inside when I powered it up, it "hung-up" so it wasn't able to read the other ones until I turned it off and on??

I don't really want to have to manage with the dealer if isn't really necesary (it's not really easy sometimes, here in Spain, maybe I will have to wait for weeks to have another unit!)...
    But I neither want to wait if there could become a serious problem...

Could someone help me?? :lease:
  2. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Dec 13, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Keep an eye on it, it seems like an intermittent fault. If it happens again, I would take it back for a replacement.