problem with my tv!!! can you kind people help?

holbrook99

ok i am having an annoying problem with my samsung 32" lcd tv and i am hoping that someone can help me???

i am getting a vertical line of flickering red dots on my screen that are annoyingly visable during black and dark scenes!!!

i have attached a picture of what it looks like and am wondering if anyone knows what the problem is!!

the flickering line of dots is visable no matter what im doing, ie playing a dvd, watching the v+ box or playing ps3!!!

my tv has also been flicking off for a few seconds lately, what i mean is the screen goes black and the sound goes off too!!!

really hope someone can help me!!

thanks very much in advance

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 166

holbrook99

well its from pc world and they NEVER replace only repair!!!! and they are a pain in the ass as they will take tv away for god knows how many weeks and with 2 kids my house would be in in uproar!!!

if nobody can suggest anything else though, maybe i have no other choice!!

Oggie

Distinguished Member
think your tv has had its day, why dont you try and get technician to come to your house ?????

jameslindsey

well its from pc world and they NEVER replace only repair!!!! and they are a pain in the ass as they will take tv away for god knows how many weeks and with 2 kids my house would be in in uproar!!!

if nobody can suggest anything else though, maybe i have no other choice!!

I had no probs getting a montor refunded a while ago. They didn't even bother to check it and it was 9 months old. They offered a replacement but didn't have a similar one in stock with the same specs, so I asked for a refund. Foufnd the same one online for £5 cheaper online:smashin:

Your TV does look knackered though, almost as if one line of pixels is dodgy?

AdamH

Standard Member
How old is the unit?

If you call Samsung (0870-7267864), they will send an engineer onsite (via their local repair centre representation). That should happen within the first week.

If they reckon it's best off being replaced, they can provide you with an uplift number to give to where you bought it from.

Good luck! Samsung CS can be slow and painful, but generally works out in the end.

Adam

gmp

I had same problem on Sammy LE32 and thought it was buggered. However before doing anything drastic took time to tidy up mains cables to tv/dvd/sky box/dvdrec and make sure all cables securely plugged in and mains adaptors not unecessarily overloaded. The flicking off could be p.supply problem possibly. Anyway my red dots must have been intereference problem of some sort as they never came back. Maybe worth a try

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom