• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with my shower

kevandalice

Hi all, my shower has a problem where after you switch it on it has been taking 5-10 seconds for water to come through and now there is no water at all coming through. I phoned up the company and they dismissed it as an electrics problem but the shower used to run (cold) with the pull cord in the off position.
can anyone help?
Regards, kevin

loz

Distinguished Member
the mixer valve might have broken.

I had a similar thing in a shower recently. We have pumped system, but even when turned on full the water would only dribble out and the flow would not activate the pump.

Turned out the valve inside the mixer had physically broken.

kevandalice

Ok, just got home from work, the orange light on the pull cord fitting is not illuminated, so i guess there's no power.
ive checked the RCD that's ok
the house is less than 4 years old so the wiring should be sound.

any ideas folks?

or is it sparky time!!

njp

Ok, just got home from work, the orange light on the pull cord fitting is not illuminated, so i guess there's no power.
ive checked the RCD that's ok
And the circuit breaker for the shower itself?

Was the light working before? It's possible that it could have failed some time ago and you didn't notice. Losing power to the fitting if both the RCD and the MCB are untripped is a fairly improbable scenario...

Are we talking about a fully electrically heated shower here, rather than a power shower?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom