1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my new jvc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andru, Dec 9, 2003.

1. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have just had my jvc recorder it looks great and all seems to work ok.I have one problem,that is when i connect my analog camcorder to it via a/v out to 2 plugs and connect it to the recorder to the video in and left audio all i get on my tv is a garbled mess of colours and i can bearly make out a picture or sound.Would this be a tv setup problem or the dvd setup?

thanks

2. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    its ok i have sorted out that little prob.Now i i have copied a full tape onto dvd-r formatted in VR mode when i put it in my computer it says windows cannot see this type of file system.How do i get it from my dvd-r onto the computer to edit and then back onto a dvd

Thanks

3. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sounds like you need a UDF 2.0 driver. Windows XP supports it natively, but for earlier versions you could try installing the Panasonic dvd-ram drivers from http://panasonic.jp/dvdram/english/

4. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Would i have to use this driver even though i am trying to get a dvd-rw to work?I have a panasonic multiburner on my computer so i gues it would do no harm.

5. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I think you only need the UDF 2.0 filesystem driver part of this download, but you'll need to install the whole package. Why don't you just try it?

6. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

Both DVD-RW and DVD-RAM use the same newer UDF file system.

You could try these following readers, the Panasonic drivers I think stop you from installing them unless it finds a Panasonic DVD_RAM writer in the PC.

http://www.softarch.com/pioneer/readdvd.html

or

Download InstantRead from http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsuppo...id=2&product_id=1154&product_name=&page_id=62

Also see the thread at the top of this forum for more information about using VR mode discs in computers for editing etc.

Regards

Philip