1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my new Hit PD5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by da95649, Dec 15, 2004.

1. da95649

da95649

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have just purchased a Hitachi 32" PD5200 plasma.

Hooked it all up, connected an £80 scart cable from my sky digibox to the only scart on the plasma. Then connected the same lead from my cheapish £200 DVD sony, and the DVD picture quality was awful. If you look close up the amount of DOTS on the screen is really bad.

I just wanted to confirm what the best lead setup for my hardware:

Sony DVD only has Scart and S Videio Out
    Sky Scart and S video

Plasma has all sorts of connections however only one 1 SCART.

Also what is the difference between Scart and RGB SCART? i know you can set this on the plasma as well as the DVD and Digi box.

Any help would be great!
    #Thanks
    Darren

2. Oggie

Oggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a 42PD5200 and I used a RGB SCART , basically a fully wired scart will supports RGB and I guess your expensive one is no different. The problem I found was that I did not have my SKY Box configured for RGB output. ( this is on the services screen of the SKY Box). To make sure tha connection is working as RGB just press the AV4 on the Hit remote and the OSD should say AV4 RGB. I use a cheap Panasonic progresive scan DVD player with the same lead and it also has RGB out which makes all the difference in the world.
    Hope this helps.

3. da95649

da95649

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Oggie,

Thanks for the repley, has the 42" got 2 scarts?

The problem I have I do no know what to use for my DVD, is Svideo of RGC Scart better....obviously the best way to to dump the DVD player and buy one that has a Component output?

#What would you say is the best option?
    Thanks
    Darren

4. madasahat

madasahat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no it has 1 scart

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Just had a thought about this - what is the setting of the "sharpness" control on your 5200 ? It's tempting to wind this up high, but if you do, it will accentuate any digital artifacts that appear. If you leave it set to 50%, you will get better pictures.

6. da95649

da95649

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good point...ill check when I get home tonight.....what settings to you advise for the other controls....