1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my Kodak DC3800

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by stevegreen, Jun 8, 2004.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Don't know if anyone here can help me.

I have a cheapish Kodak DC3800 camera which was bought for holidays, snapshots, things like that. I have three compact flash memory cards, one 8 Meg, One 32 Meg and a 256 Meg. When i turn the camera on either with or without a memory card inserted the screen keeps asking for a memory card, other times the camera just does not react and the battery has to be removed to power it off.

Is it the camera thats knackered or do you think the memory cards are confusing it?

Cheers

2. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any other way u can test the memory cards, in a mates digi cam maybe? Would at least help narrow down the prob, although from what u have said it does sound like the camera itself, will the camera take images or not when the card isnt in there, and are the menu systems etc working ok?

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    the menu systems work without the memory cards in.I shall have a mess today and install the card reader on my laptop and see if the cards are actually corrupt. Is there a way of formatting the cards using the card reader and laptop or is it best to do it via the camera?

4. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tend to use the camera for fomratting but if it is playing up maybe it would be worth formatting it in another camera. Jessops might be nice and let u take ur CF cards in and format in one of thier demo models. Give it a go in your camera first but by the sounds of it, there may be some prob with the camera.