Problem with my JVC DR-M1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by linkslow, Apr 18, 2005.

1. linkslow

linkslow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DR-M1 keeps shutting it's self down (no power at all) when I put in in standby, I've done the resets and everything but nothing will stop it from shutting down, I've noticed a error message come up just before it switches off but it happens without warning so I'm unable to set up timer record or anything I can't even use the ITR because it puts it on standby once it's finished

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I can do to try and stop this

2. jakdos

jakdos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you manage to get any information about this fault, or get it fixed ? My DR-M1 has just developed the same problem - goes blank and can only restore by power cycle. It's done it for the last 3 nights now.

I've searched the net and found many people are having the same problem but I've not come across a fix (that isn't going to require a service engineer visit !)

Cheers

3. linkslow

linkslow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've found nothing regarding this

4. jakdos

jakdos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I'm going to have to pay a visit to the engineer. £15 just for him to take a look, although not charged if a repair is made. It looks very much like a known problem that people don't want or don't know how to make known.

Shame, cos I really liked this recorder.