Problem with my HDTV (concerning games)

darkhorus

Standard Member
I have a Samsung UE32C6000 Full HD LED tv.

I have a PS3 hooked to it through an HDMI cable.

Problem: When playing PS1 games on it, I notice that shades of red appear too dark, things that should be orange for example appear to be red and very dark. For example Crash Bandicoot games, Crash appears to be red while he ought to be orange. Not just this but everything in PS1 games appears with reddish tint to it.

I don't have this problem with PS3 games or DVD's or BD movies or any other content originally made in HD, only with PS1 games, played both on the PS3 and PS1.

Does anyone know what might cause this?

My TV of all TV's we have at home is the only one with this problem, did I really make that bad a choice when I bought my tv?

Foster

Distinguished Member
I don't think it is a problem as such just maybe when you load PS1 games have mess with the settings and if that doesn't work could just be a compatibility error with your TV and the PS1 games colour palate :D

darkhorus

Standard Member
I don't think it is a problem as such just maybe when you load PS1 games have mess with the settings and if that doesn't work could just be a compatibility error with your TV and the PS1 games colour palate :D

Yeah I fear the problem lies with my tv, but I don't want to spend money on another so I kinda hope that isn't the problem, but everything leads into that direction, unfortunately :(

Foster

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't buy a TV over the colours been a bit of on the PS1 games :p

darkhorus

Standard Member
I wouldn't buy a TV over the colours been a bit of on the PS1 games :p

Well, being the perfectionist that I am, I would, everything has to be perfect for me :D

But I agree with you, I won't buy a new tv over this, not yet anyway, money doesn't grow on trees, unfortunately :D

I'll try to fix this through other means first, however I've tried many things and nothing works.

I can edit the colour red and add some green to it, that gives fairly good results for the ps1 games, but if I do this all other content, like movies and ps3 games, don't look right anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom