• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

problem with my HD HTPC

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
its driving me bonkers!.

Hi

i have a GA78GM-S2H with an X2 4200+ and 4gb of ram

it runs fine for most of my HD movies however

Torchwood HDDVD and the "extras" in frigheners the framerate is maybe @30%

the thing is the cpu occupancy is only around 60%.

I read an article on tomshardware and they had a sempron doing HD with this motherboard so i should be in spec, so am hoping its a software issue somewhere, please help.

am using

GA78GM-S2H with onboard ATI 3200 graphics set to 256mb
4GB of ram (only 667 but have tried running @ 800mhz and no change)
X2 4200+
Vista ultimate 32bit
Any DVD 6.4.7.3 (upgraded from an older one to see if that helped)
Power DVD 7.3 ultra
ATI drivers just installed the newest ones but no joy.

please help.... does anyone else have torchwood HD and how does it run?

i could try powerdvd8 i guess but then you have to hack it to run HDDVD anyway so am guessing that isnt really supported

cheers

Last edited:

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Hi

so i take it no one has had any performance issues with the onboard 3200 on this board then?

if that is the case thats great, perhaps i have messed up a setting in ffdshow or something, and i could format and start again, however a yay or a nay in advance ould be nice.

if this board is really not up to the task i guess i will just get a new graphics card, easier than formatting, but if not i would rather not waste my money

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom