1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With My Av32r Remote Control

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by P Adams, Jul 4, 2004.

1. P Adams

P Adams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi

I have an AV32R EX 7.1 single processor unit and am having problems with the remote.

The original remote started to act erratically. The buttons would sometimes not light up at all. It took a quite a substantial press to activate them and some times they would not work!

I returned the remote to Mark at TAG some months ago and he sent me a new branded remote after trying to re-program the original. He told me the new remote had some extra printing on it to cover extra DAB features that I did not require but it should be fine.

The hifi shop I bought the AV32R also lent me a remote they had at the shop although they no longer stock TAG equipment. This remote was OK but the volume buttons did not respond as well as my original or the new TAG supplied one.

The new remote sent by TAG is having problems now! This evening the buttons would not light up at all. There are new Duracell high power batteries in it and I am a little bewildered. I have taken the batteries out and replaced them but still no joy.

Has anyone had similar problems or can anyone offer some advice please?

Paul

2. Matt192

Matt192

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have two Tag remotres and both are malfunctioning. Selecting the correct source to control sometimes does not work. Looks like they have a life of about a year!

Time for AMX and RS-232, where is that winning lotto ticket I bought last year :rolleyes:

3. Neale

Neale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have two remotes which have worked for six years

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Mine has also lasted well,although I prefer the Pronto,the Tag one is still useful at times.

5. Matt192

Matt192

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My malfunctioning remotes may have something to do with a 16 month old who loves to push buttons :rolleyes:

I am starting to beleive in evolution, my boy was born with an instinctive attraction to the remote. He just looves pushing buttons!

6. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Ditto, nearer 7 years actually in one case and trust me these things get a hammering here. Admittedly Pronto's are used for the more complicated installs but they often go walkies and the TAG remote gets dusted off once more........easily more than average use......

Neale you ought to get an iPronto mate, gives you something to do with all that spare time! :D

7. Neale

Neale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Graham!!
    I now know why you had to give up Golf think thats how you spell it!!
    I am happy with the new Pronto