Quantcast

Problem with my Arcam DV78

K

Kakashi40

Hello,

I've got a problem with my player:
When i use the coax output and when i swith on some lights of the house, i lose the signal 1/2 seconds. No problem witch optical connection.
I've got the firmware 5.25, and the problem was the same when i had the firmware 4.16.
Have you experienced the same thing...
(i tried with my rotel rsp-1066 and my yamaha rds 340 and the problem is the same).

It's very strange because i don't lose the video signal only the coax.
Thanks for the answers...

ANDY_DUTTON

Novice Member
This is often electrical interference on the SPDIF signal and is caused by a poorly sheilded cable. Please note that some very expensive cables can have poor sheilding so a expensive cable does not neccessarly mean a well sheilded one.

If you can find one a cable made with RG59 75 OHM coax usually fixes the problem, unless you have a really really bad noise problem from your lights.

Regards,
Andrew

kishoo

I also make cables out of CT100 Coax.....

Damm good suff made my Hirschmann....goes by the name of KOKA CT100......

Just warm up your soldering Iron and put of a couple of GOOD RCA's and bingo !!

Performance for under £5.00...

Regards

Kishoo

K

Kakashi40

ANDY_DUTTON said:
This is often electrical interference on the SPDIF signal and is caused by a poorly sheilded cable. Please note that some very expensive cables can have poor sheilding so a expensive cable does not neccessarly mean a well sheilded one.

If you can find one a cable made with RG59 75 OHM coax usually fixes the problem, unless you have a really really bad noise problem from your lights.

Regards,
Andrew
I think my cables (i've got 2 of them) are correctly shielded, cause i never had problem with my Primare player. May be the arcam is more sensible...
Damn it's such a good player...
I will try an optical cable. But the sound quality will be poor compared to the optical...

Thanks for your answer.

K

Kakashi40

No more problem.

I've changed my electric plugs, and now this is OK :thumbsup:

chrisor

Novice Member
Kakashi40 said:
I will try an optical cable. But the sound quality will be poor compared to the
I have my DV78 connected to my AVR300 using optical cable. I have read somewhere that the sound quality using copper will be better than optical cable.

Given that the signal (if correct) is digital between the DV78 and the AVR300,and the DAC's in the AVR300 is of a high standard, how can the quality be improved in using copper?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks