1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Mission Sub, Replacement?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Timmy!!!, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Timmy!!!

Timmy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi guys, I'm new here :thumbsup:

I bought a Mission M3as sub about a month ago (to go with my m34's, m3c2 and soon to be m3ds's) but the damn thing rattles like crazy when there is anything slightly bassey. :( The metal at the back where all the controls/connectors are is the culprit. I tried tightening the screws but the rattling continues. There must be something slightly loose inside.

Im going to phone up to see if I can get a replacement, but I was wondering if I made the right choice in the first place? I noticed the Wharfedale Diamond SW150 has had a lot of praise; would it be better to swap the M3as for this? Or should I keep with Mission and just get the M3as?

Thanks for any help I get.

Tim

2. mercedes500e

mercedes500e

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i currently have a Yamaha Active Subwoofer, inside it are cables and a cushioning to hold the cables while the bass is booming, try take the screws off the speaker, and check the inside for some cushioning if there isnt it might be good to put some in, and see if the cables are tied down they could be a problem as well.

Daniel

3. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,451
    hmmmm yes that will probably negate your warranty :thumbsdow

4. Timmy!!!

Timmy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have been very close to doing this! But I really dont want to void my 2 year warranty just to have a look at something that I may not fix:( If I do fix it, and later something else goes wrong, I'd be kicking myself. Thanks for the reply though.

If I do return it do you think I should go for the same sub or are there way better ones out there for around the £250 mark. Any input is really appreciated.

Tim :D

5. sparticus

sparticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As if any one could tell you have undone four screws?

6. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,451
    If you can unscrew them without marking the screws, fine; but bit annoying if they are tight and you scratch one.

Some electronics comapnies are completely anal about warranties and will do anything to get out of it. I have no idea about this particular manufacturer but some go as far as putting stickers over the screws or wax blobs on them so they can see if you have been tampering.

Personally I would rather get it seen too. Why take the risk if it is in warranty? :)

7. Timmy!!!

Timmy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Having looked at other threads the BK XLS200 seems to be very highly regarded on these forums and is only a little above my £250 budget (I can always stretch a little more for quality stuff:))

Hopefully I will be able to get a refund on my current sub, and not a replacement/repair. If I can get a refund ill be buying one of these BK XLS200's for sure.

Do any of you know which of the xls 200's would be best - the forward firing or the downward firing? I love the look of the foward one but if the downward one performs better I may have to get that.

Tim

8. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    There is no difference in performance. BK made the FF first I believe, the DF came later by popular demand - I think the main reasons are it is less obtrusive (keeps wife happy) and protects the driver from damage (kids toys etc). I went for the FF - it looks cool!...PJ

9. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Never touch screws on a product under guarantee.

Never advise others to touch screws on a product under guarantee.

Many are marked with a dab of colour or have thread locking compound which clearly indicates when the screws have been rotated.

Nimby