Problem with microsoft word

springgranddad4

Novice Member

I have a problem with Word. I cannot copy and paste it, as the result 'writes' properly. So I have used the snipping tool.
I have removed 'Office' and reinstalled it but it made no difference. This is just an example. All documents are the same. However, if I go to 'print preview, it reverts to how it should look.???????
Capture.PNG

sparky10

Hi springgranddad4, what you need to do is to use your mouse. Just hold the left mouse button down next to the text you wish to copy and drag it across all of the text, it will appear blue. When you have done this hold down the 'control' key and at the same time press the 'c' key. Find the place that you wish to place the selection, click that place one with the mouse and press the 'control' key and the 'v' key at the same time, that will do it.

springgranddad4

Novice Member
Hello sparky. I've just read back what I wrote before and I made an error! It should have read 'as the result DOESN'T write properly'. Every word document on my PC opened looking like the example I gave. At least, I hope the example you see looks like the one I posted. However, I've sussed it. I opened word (2003 by the way). Click 'tools'. Then 'options'. Then 'view'. Under 'formatting marks' untick 'all'. How the hell it got ticked in the first place I will never know - but it worked! Sparky - many thanks for your trouble!

sparky10

Ah yes, the options that you selected must have been 'bullet points'! Glad you sorted it.:)

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
If it was the backwards Ps that were the problem then that is the correct option, they're paragraph marks to show where you've entered new lines (as opposed to text going to the next line because it's reached the end). As well as in options I believe there's a button to enable/disable them on the ribbon (paragraph group, home tab apparently) as well as a keyboard shortcut (ctrl+*).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom