1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Marantz SR7300 receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Italo Tettoni, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Italo Tettoni

Italo Tettoni
    Standard Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all, I've recently noticed a problem with my Marantz SR7300 receiver. The amp will work OK for several days and then the surround level volume settings will default back to factory levels for no obvious reason.

Since I've bought the amp I've usually switched it off with the power on/off switch and Marantz service have suggested leaving the amp on standby permanently. This I've done, but after a week the surround volume level settings have defaulted back to factory settings.

Marantz service have guessed that the internal memory is not retaining the settings and a capacitor might need changing to maintain charge, but why would it be affecting only the surround volume settings and not any other part of the memory such as distance settings, input setup etc...?

BTW I've reset the amp several times as it explains in the manual with no effect, problem still occurs. Has anyone had a similar problem with this amp? Any info or help is appreciated.