Problem with MakeMKV and Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Velour, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Velour

Velour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi,

Anyone else having problems with MakeMKV and Mountain Lion?

I upgraded my 2009 Macbook Pro to Mountain Lion a few weeks back and then tried to rip some DVDs at the weekend. Got the standard 'need to upgrade' message from MakeMKV so did that.

Now whenever I try to rip a DVD that structure etc gets extracted OK at the first step, but always fails when I actually try to make the MKV. The DVD starts spinning but read rate never gets over 0.5x and always get the o of 1 files created sucessfully message within a couple of seconds.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Keith

2. Sebastalona

Sebastalona
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,871
    I upgraded to version 1.7.7 of MKV and when it started reading the disc I just got the spinning coloured wheel.

Uninstalled and re-installed 1.7.6 for the time being, working again as it should.

3. Velour

Velour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks.

Turned out that the default library for saving the ripped files to was suddenly protected after ML upgrade. Changed the save folder to elsewhere and all is working again.