Problem with Loewe Aconda

T

Tracey

I've had a Loewe Aconda for about 6 months now but it's an ex-display model so may be about 2 years old, anyway, I have noticed that it has started making a clicking noise when turned on, it sounds like something is expanding, it's a bit difficult to expain but it's a metallic clicking sound. The thing is it's getting to be pretty annoying when I have the volume low at night, but it doesn't do it all the time, possibly only when it's been on for a while when it gets hot? Has anyone else had this problem, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tracey

I had a Philips TV, the screen started making a cracking noise shortly before it went.

To the Loewe it could be the case just warming up, have you got it on perfectly flat stand? I will see if mine makes any adverse noises tonight if so I will get back to you.

Sorry Tracy no adverse noises from my set last night.

This doesn't really help you, but I had a similar problem with my Aconda from new.

It was a click that occured within the first 30 minutes of powering on and was a little similar to degausing a computer monitor but it duration was less than a second.

After a month it settled down, probably happened about 10-15 times.

Hello, I also have a problem with my 3 months old Aconda 9372 ZP. Q2400 V4.1

The shadow of the invar mask is visible on both sides app 7-8cm wide. This is only noticeable on not too bright surfaces.

After checking a few similar Acondas the local distributor in Hungary is acknowledged this picture tube problem, cause it could be seen on them too. Now they are willing to give my money back.

I am just wondering if the newer Acondas with Q2500 have the same type of picture tube or not?

thx

I recently had a problem very like this on my Sony KP44Px2.

Was working fine until it started making a clicking noise coming from the front speaker...I checked everything but couldn't find anything wrong...most noticible on the Sky menu screen when no sound playing through..

However...recently my VCR broke down, which Igot as part of a TV package from Currys - with the TV. I unplugged it fromthe 6-gang power block and took back to the shop...on my return I noticed the TV had stopped making the clicking noise...and has been OK for some 4-5 days.

I will re-connect it when repaired, but seems to be a power issue which somehow effected the speaker and make it "click"

regards

Originally posted by lgirus
Hello, I also have a problem with my 3 months old Aconda 9372 ZP. Q2400 V4.1

The shadow of the invar mask is visible on both sides app 7-8cm wide. This is only noticeable on not too bright surfaces.

After checking a few similar Acondas the local distributor in Hungary is acknowledged this picture tube problem, cause it could be seen on them too. Now they are willing to give my money back.

I am just wondering if the newer Acondas with Q2500 have the same type of picture tube or not?

thx

Can you please confirm what this problem looks like ?

I ask because I had a problem with NTSC signals that was solved by a software upgrade (Q2400 V1.5 to Q2400 V5.1) - I have got got the 9381 model though so things may be different

Phil

Tracey, check out thread "Glitch with Loewe TV - annoying or broken?" Perhaps this may be related...

Badger, I was like a moire pattern which some of the other users had/have with NTSC sourec, but it was visible with PAL also.

This is the reply from LOEWE:

Dear mr.Girus,
we know this phenomen which is involved by the real flat tube
but there is no improvement and also for the near future no
new tube available.
best regards
Martin Haenel
technical support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 3:55 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: your enquiry of 02th September

Dear Helpline!

I own an Aconda 9372 ZP (59402 J 62, Q2400)
It seems it has some kind of a mask failure, because the the shadow of the
mask is visible on both
sides of the screen approx. 6-7 cm wide. It can be seen really good on gray
surfaces.
It looks like on the attached picture. I have checked a few similar Aconda
but they also have this "feature", however they were also equipped with
Q2400.

Is there any chance that the newer Aconda models with Q2500 chassis have
better picture tube?
The dealer is ready to give my money back, but I rather would like to have a
good Aconda.
After seeing different type of TV this still has the best picture.

Thank you in advance

Laszlo Girus

My Aconda is still making that clicking noise, it seems to do it for quite a long time, when the tv gets warm, not when it's first turned on, but it doesn't affect the picture at all it is purely a clicking sound. I think it could be the tube warming up but what's weird is that it's not just a random click every now and then it seems to be very rythmic and will click every second. I might try giving it a gentle tap to see if that works!! It's only annoying if I've got the sound down low, if I'm watching a film with the volume turned up I don't even hear it. It is worrying though that lots of people seem to be having problems, I really couldn't afford to buy another one :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom