1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Loewe Aconda

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Gerry, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have a Loewe Aconda I bought in Nov 2001. I had just turned it on today when suddenly there was a buzzing sound and the TV turned itself off. There was also an electrical burning smell from the back of the TV, no smoke just a smell. If I turn it on now I get the buzzing sound and the TV immediatly turns itself off(no sound, no picture - even the blue background screen is not shown). I have unplugged all extras(DVD player ect) from the TV and get the same result. Any ideas what might be wrong guys.

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    Sounds like either a power supply or EHT fault.
    Unless you're an electronics engineer with some familiarity with TV circuitry you'd better leave any repairs to a real TV engineer.
    I had an EHT/ line output fault with my Philips 100 Hz TV ; took me ages to find it 'cos I forgot initially that there were 2 line output stages - 1 each for 100 and for 50 Hz.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Well as I don't even know what an EHT is I will take your advice and get a proper engineer to look at it. I was hoping it may have been something I could have replaced myself. Thanks for the info.