1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Limit DVDA900SE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by john59, Feb 8, 2005.

1. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I have just received the limit DVD A900se from play.com and like a kid at Xmas I couldn’t wait to plug it in and have a play with it, so I connected the DVD to my denon 2802 using coax, and svid to my TV, a Sony kv-32s35b.
    First I chucked in a cd and I must admit the sound is a lot better than a cd played through my old Sony cd/dvd player model dvp-ns705v (this player plays SACD by the way) ok I was impressed with the sound it was bright and rich and the settings on the amp are the same as those for the Sony DVD player good news up to now.
    Then came the DVD test, I chucked in Toy Story Two and the film started, great sound and picture but then a problem reared its ugly head. In the top left corner on the screen prompts from the limit started to appear namely title repeat, chapter repeat, repeat on ,repeat off and this is flashing on the screen as fast as you can blink I can only just make out what it says and on the player itself it is flashing “ALL” in the display window. Any ideas anyone? :lease:
    Regards.
    John.
    Oh, and the remote is terrible.

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I've not seen the problem you've got. Sounds a bit wierd to be honest. Like the firmware is corrupted or something. I actually like the remote control. I like the layout although I'm not too keen on the chapter skip and picture search buttons being linked like they are.

The only thing I can think regarding your main problem is some sort of stuck down button either on the dvd player or remote control. You can temporarily take the batteries out of the remote control and press every button on the main dvd player to see it its got banged in transit and any are stuck in. Make sure you check both the playback buttons and the cursor cluster.

3. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Cheers for that Bonzo :)
    I will try that later.
    Regards.
    John.