• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with LG RHT497H DVD Recorder & LG BD550 Blu-ray Player

Ro5well

Standard Member
When I power either one up or down using the remote control the other one powers up or down too.

Similarly, if I open or close the disc drawer on either unit the disc drawer on the other unit opens or closes too.

Is there some way to change this? :confused:

creakymr2

Standard Member
Annoying fault. Pressing stop on Blu Ray, stops dvd recorder! Press eject on Blu Ray and it ejects my LG recorder too!

How could LG let this obvious fault get through to the public???

AVOID THIS LG BLU Ray BD550 Player if you own anything else made by LG as they will clash with each other.

creakymr2

Standard Member
I found a better answer to the problem and thats to send it back to Amazon and not to be so loyal to LG and get a Panasonic!

panman40

Distinguished Member
Dunno mate, they're in separate houses. ;)

I know on the Panasonics under General settings you can change remote codes, (1-3),

Is there anything similar in the settings menu for the LG's ?

Ro5well

Standard Member
I know on the Panasonics under General settings you can change remote codes, (1-3),

Is there anything similar in the settings menu for the LG's ?

I haven't looked, yet. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom