1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with JVC KD-AVX1

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by dstev2000, Jul 27, 2005.

1. dstev2000

dstev2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Recently purchased the aforementioned head unit, really impressed with it UNTIL 20 MINUTES AGO!

Got in the car and started the engine, looked down and the unit was on but the faceplate did not motor out and up to the set angle (angle 4).

Then I could hear the motor running inside the unit but the faceplate still did not move, tried to eject the DVD, motor ran again and then Error P23 and P06 came up, used the reset button several times but to no avail.

The faceplate can be easily moved by hand as well which is not right.

You cannot begin to imagine how pi**ed off I am right now as its been in the car for barely 24 hours :mad:

Has anyone else heard of this problem????? :lease:

2. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just get your system back ASAP. I didnt have what u have, but i had a bright white spot on the screen. My shop changed it in no time. They have even tested the new one for me.

Best thing is to get it back to them.

John

3. dstev2000

dstev2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what i'm going to do, emailed the shop last night and they want it back, it's so annoying though because it was a total pig to install!!!

4. Hooky

Hooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    did you try the emergency eject procedure ? its on the first page of the instruction book.

If this doesnt work then its probably the CD Mech loading motor thats at fault and it will need to be replaced.

Let us know how you get on :)

Hooky