1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with Jaws DVD?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Bada Bing, Aug 28, 2000.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Don't want to put a dampner on your equipment but I'd always shy away from sub £200 players. They're always plagued by software problems, as soon as a disc using new techniques comes along.
    There's Something About Mary and The Matrix required an EPROM upgrade before they would play on some machines.
    However, I thought all new players, budget or otherwise would be able to overcome that sort of thing thesedays.
    I certainly never noticed any problems with the DTS R1 version. Sorry if I put you on a downer.

------------------
    "Sh*t! I don't belive it! You... You burnt da f*ckin money!"
    Not at all against Robbie Williams (Glasgow) Ltd or companies with a similar name

2. michael

michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

It is a bit of a cheapo player, but it does play R1 discs, which is a plus, and this is the first prob I've had with it, bar a rather loud transport / playback mechanism. The Jaws disc has quite a lot of material on it and there obviously is a compatability problem. At least I can watch the film while I save for an upgrade....

3. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry I couldn't help.

------------------
    "Sh*t! I don't belive it! You... You burnt da f*ckin money!"
    Not at all against Robbie Williams (Glasgow) Ltd or companies with a similar name

4. michael

michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else having a problem playing the new Jaws DVD (particularly on a Wharfedale player)?

Initially I couldn't get the disc to start playing at all. Having solved that (by pressing 'menu' during the first credit and then 'play'), I now can't access any of the extra features, including the documentary. Any thoughts?