Problem with IR learning with Proto RU990

gilford

I have just bought myself a new RU990 to replace my TSU7000 :thumbsup:
Everything works fine apart from when I try to teach it my Samsung plasma IR codes. The minute I click "learn IR code" and try to teach, the Pronto freezes and I have to reset it???

Any ideas :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheers

clockworks

Novice Member
Can it learn from a different remote?

gilford

I was having a nightmare with the volume up & down and mute keys with my samsung plamsa. I was trying to programme the right hard keys when on the Sky HD screen (teaching the remote and then linking to the code via PPENG). Every time I did it it crashed the remote, for hours!

I then thought, wait a minute, I'll get the Sky HD remote (which does the vol and mute on the Sammy) and try that. Instantly it learnt the codes! THANK GOD! I was trying for hours!

I still need to do all the PIP etc off the Sammy remote but I think I'll leave it a while until I have cooled down :(:(

clockworks

Novice Member
I've never tried learning direct to the hard buttons on my Marantz RC9200. I always create a "dummy" device for each remote, and learn all the buttons there. I then alias all my "proper" screens and hard buttons to the "dummy" devices.
This method uses a bit more memory, but it makes life easier for me, especially when I need to change something.

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
gilford said:
I have just bought myself a new RU990 to replace my TSU7000 :thumbsup:
Everything works fine apart from when I try to teach it my Samsung plasma IR codes. The minute I click "learn IR code" and try to teach, the Pronto freezes and I have to reset it???

Any ideas :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheers
Assuming you had the TSU7000 working fine, can you not beam from there to the Pronto?

stoobie

Novice Member
I have also found that if you have that problem, try learning from further away and make sure you put both remotes on a dark matt background (ie nothing shiny near it to repeat/bounce the IR beam).

I also sometimes have problems if I try to learn with the remotes too close to the PC base unit!!!

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
And in direct sunlight.... which we were getting a lot of until some clever-cloggs weather presenter said we'd have the hottest August ever - hasn't stopped raining since!

gilford

Thanks for all the info :)

Will try again this evening and let you know how I get on. Its annoying as I only have 10 more buttons to teach! lol

Top Bottom