problem with ipod classic 8gig

Barneyrubble uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
Where when i plug my headphones in the sound comes out of 1 ear only.
With a bit of a jiggle i can get it 2 work however it soons goes into the 1 ear again:rolleyes:. The ipod works thru my dock and works in all other ways.Anyone got any ideas? Presumably something is loose inside where the phones go. Is this a dead duck? Or can it be fixed:(
Please help:smashin::thumbsdow

Try the headphones in a different player to see if the headphones are faulty.
Or, try different headphones in the iPod to see if you still have the same problem.

If it is the iPod that is faulty, take it to an Apple store if you have one locally and they should fix it under warranty.

If the headphones are faulty, buy some new ones (I hope you aren't using the white included earbuds, if you are then ditch them anyway!).

Yeah tried different headphones mate no luck. think ya right might have to take to apple but no warranty had the ipod about 18 months:suicide:

Yeah tried different headphones mate no luck. think ya right might have to take to apple but no warranty had the ipod about 18 months:suicide:

The Classic range has only been out 8 months (I purchased my Classic shortly after the announcement in September), unless you were referring to the 5th gen iPod.

I'd suggest contacting Apple to see how much a repair would cost. Or if you are confident with opening up electronics, buy a replacement headphone jack from eBay and fix it yourself:
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod/iPod-5th-Generation-Video/Headphone-Jack-Hold-Switch/95/2/

Another possible option, you could try using an iPod remote, it connects to just the dock connector and gets audio from there (headphone jack at the top is not used).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom