Problem with iphone XR.

aircoolsteve

Novice Member
My daughter is giving me her iphone XR as she is upgrading to a newer model. I only have a 6+ so it would be a good move for me.
The problem with this phone is that when she calls me the volume drops to me and returns sometimes which is a bit of a pain. Its done this right from when she bought it.
I'm thinking that while I'm fitting a new front screen and battery that there may be something else I can replace while I'm at it to solve the problem.
Any ideas please? Thanks.

Dave X

I'm thinking that while I'm fitting a new front screen and battery that there may be something else I can replace while I'm at it to solve the problem.
Any ideas please? Thanks.

I hope by “while I’m fitting a new front screen” you mean you’ll be taking it to Apple (or other reputable repairer) for them to fit it? Newer iPhones with FaceID aren’t easy to work on and you can damage a number of components trying to do an amateur job.

aircoolsteve

Novice Member
Thanks for your concern on this Dave but I've performed a lot of repairs on these phones so I know my way round to replacing batteries and screens.
What I really need is a valid reason as to why the modulation dies and returns. Maybe the aerial or a certain module that I can replace to cure the problem, or maybe a connection within the phone that wasn't made properly when it was put together?

aircoolsteve

Novice Member
I did give it a thought to get Apple to check it over but I think the nearest store would be at Bluewater, Kent which is a place we tend to avoid where possible! It's about 15 miles from where I am. I may give it a go at a quieter time of day but all these Iphones come apart more or less in the same way. They are all modular. You need to be a bit careful and disciplined in the way you work or one can get into a bit of a mess.

aircoolsteve

Novice Member
Finally found some time to change the screen and the battery on this XR. All working ok with all but the health app due to the battery not being an original. Couldn't find one online. Even when they say its genuine, I ask the question and get a fluffy answer so I now have the "important battery message" on the screen.
Can I get rid of the message or will I have t put up with it! Thanks. S

aircoolsteve

Novice Member
I've googled what I need to do to rid my screen of the "important battery message"
Apparently they chip the connecting strip on the end of the batteries so I would need to remove the battery again and swap the connecting strips on the batteries. Not rocket science but a bit of a pain none the less.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom