• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with iPhone 3GS and iOS 4

ZakkyB

Standard Member
I have the beta OS 4.0 installed on my iphone and it's been working fine, but I woke up this morning and the phone was in this state;

iphone_itunes_connect.jpg

I tried connecting and syncing with iTunes, but it came up with this message

"The software on the iPhone 'Zak's iPhone' has expired and must be updated to a newer version."

So I tried synchronising with my PC, but that failed and it's still in the same state.

Anything I can do before I restore it to factory settings and then update to the latest OS, before updating to OS 4.0 when released?

Thanks

P.S. Will the iPhone configuration utility be of any use? And has a new version of the beta been released or something...

peterjcat

Established Member
The Golden Master (ie the version that will be publicly released) is out so you should download that and restore your iPhone to it...

johnboy586

Established Member
the iOS 4 GM has been released, if your a OS X user you can download iTunes 9.2 and the iOS 4.0 GM from the Apple Developer Centre.

ZakkyB

Standard Member
I'm downloading the GM now, and attempting to get my friend to install 9.2 and let me use his mac. Or could I use a VMWare station or w/e it's called?

Steven

Senior Moderator
The Golden Master (ie the version that will be publicly released)
It is not publicly released. It has been released for Developers for testing and development only. It is not for general consumption - as evidenced by this thread

AoS_HJ

Established Member
I used VMWare to update. itunes 9.2 and the GM of iOS4.0 are out there in torrentland somewhere. Good luck :smashin:

peterjcat

Established Member
It is not publicly released. It has been released for Developers for testing and development only. It is not for general consumption - as evidenced by this thread

Yes, that's why I said the version that WILL be publicly released. Anyone who has access to a previous beta that has expired, should also have access to the GM!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom