Question Problem with input settings on Samsung UE49KS7000

bcummins2908

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

This is somewhat a continuation of another issue no one seemed to be able to help with so I am hoping to have a bit more luck this time!

I have the aforementioned TV and a Yamaha YSP-2500. Initially I was having all sorts of problems with the TV recognising all devices through the smart remote and universally turning them on and off. I had it set up previously so I had the bar connected to the TV through ARC and the 3 HDMI inputs on the bar used by Sky, my HTPC and Steam Link respectively.

I changed the set up and ran sky through the 1st HDMI port on the TV instead, then re-cabled the soundbar and connected up the HTPC and Steam Link again.

When I did this, all the picture settings remained available as they were before - Dynamic, Standard, Natural, Movie. And the expert settings, like motion processing were also available to me.

I had an issue with the receiver not powering up with the TV (it would power down) and decided to go through the smart remote set up to try and recognise the device. I tagged it (in HDMI4) as an A/V receiver and looked up my specific device which worked. The TV started calling the device 'Yamaha'. Suddenly the picture changed and I thought nothing of it at the time.

Now I've done this, odd things have happened. Firstly, often when I switch to HDMI4 either on the HTPC or Steam Link, it's still labelling the input incorrectly as 'Sky' which is on HDMI1. Secondly, the picture settings are heavily locked-down/greyed out on using the HTPC and Steam Link (through ARC on HDMI4 - Soundbar HDMI 1 and 2). I only have 2 picture options, Dynamic and Standard, and can't activate a lot of the picture settings.

I kind of tested this by connecting a laptop to HDMI 3 on the soundbar. Connected it, set resolution to 4k and had access to all the picture options without a problem. It also correctly recognised the device as a 'PC'.

I am not sure what has gone wrong here. I don't think it is the cables because they worked fine to begin with. I think it's something to do with the SMART remote set up.

Some insight into this problem would be much appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom