Problem with Infinity oreus subwoofer

firecox

Standard Member
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem.
I have an infinity Oreus 5:1 system with sub connected to an Onkyo SR 606 Amp, Samsung 7 series tv, and Samsung blu ray player also a Wii plugged into the amp. All was working ok until last month when I suddenly started to get what sounds like pulsing static. As if a radio isnt tuned in properly. This seems to knock the sub out completely it has been happening more often. Last night in desperation i unplugged everything and plugged it in piece by piece. I found that once the amp was plugged in even without being connected to the amp I still had the static noise Ive read about ground hum but this is different . Anyone know what this is and how to solve it. Or is the Sub Dying. Ive only had it since Nov 2008. So I havn't had it long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again:)

Last edited:

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Could be a bad cable, has it been pulled or mistreated anytime lately. Try another cable first just to discount that possibility.

firecox

Standard Member
Hi moonfly thanks for your reply but I have tried three different monster cables now, what i cant understand is why i m still getting pulsed static when its not connected to the amp only one plug to the mains.

laxdan

Standard Member
Hi,

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I am having the exact same issue with the Oreus Sub.

At first I assumed it was the cable, however the problem still exists when the Sub is only connected to the mains all other cables are pulled.

Did you resolve the issue?

Cheers
Dan

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom