1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with image size via HDMI Denon 2910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by smurf, Sep 16, 2005.

1. smurf

smurf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Probably a very easy answer to this, I just don't know what it is :)

I have a Denon 2910 DVD player that I connect to my Philips LCD display via HDMI (DVD) to DVI (TV).

Which ever HDMI resolution option I select on the DVD player the image is not full size on the screen.

480 or 768 resolution the image is widescreen but with a 4 inch black border at the top and bottom, 2 inch black border on the sides.

1080 resolution, 2 inch border top and left hand side. The picture is also not centred, losing probably 2 inches off the rights hand side.

Please, please, please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks Nik

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    You may not be doing anything wrong. Borders do tend to hop about a bit using DVI/HDMI (though what you describe does seem a bit extreme). I usually have to adjust the zoom (and sometime optical lens shift) on my PJ for any film I watch via DVI. Whereas with component I never had to do it. Also, to compound matters, you often lose some size control such as overscan with DVI.

Digital signals seem to keep the native aspect ratio a lot truer than analogue, and sometimes are slightly offset...PJ :)

3. smurf

smurf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the info, not what I was hoping :( Do you think a TV with an HDMI connector would cure this problem?

4. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    have you tried looking at the various picture setting on the LCD tv. you know the ones like, anamophic, panarama, cinema, normal, pixel to pixel etc.

If these are not set to match the dvd player then you will get borders all over the place.
    You should get the borders top and botom depending on the DVD this will vary but not at the sides.

Have you setup the dvdplayer to output 16x9