1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with horizontal lines on picture

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by hexham, Aug 21, 2005.

1. hexham

hexham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a panasonic nv-gs11 dv camera which i hookup via the fireport to the computer and use pinncle studio 9.3 .the times i used it it was working great.
    but something happened on the preview window that made thick horizontal lines with zig zag affect on every edg on the picture.
    i also notist the same on videostudio 8.
    i have uninstalled and reinstalled but without success.
    can you :lease: help

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont worry, this is normal, your camcorder is designed fo tv playback, tvs andcomputer monitors work quite differently, on a tv the horizontal lines are played back in alternating 'fields' so the camcorder captures the picture in the same way.

On a computer monitor the horizontal lines are played in the correct order, this porduces a 'combing' effect around the edges of subjects, particularly on moving subjects, worry not your footage will look fine on a tv set.

If you are doing content primarily for computer based playback then deinterlacing the footage upon output may be your best option, this combing effect will disspaear but movement will be marginally less fluid on a tv monitor.
    Pinnalce doesn;t offer this effect on the standard package, I'm not sure about the other package you use. It's only really an issue if you are playing back from the PC.

3. hexham

hexham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks roy for your advice it was verry helpfull,it can be a worry spending hours editing video then something go's wrong.but i have taken your advice and burnt onto dvd and i am happy with the results.
    thanks again roy :hiya: