Question Problem with HDMI Splitter

Chops8081

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum

I recently bought an HDMI splitter so that I could connect my Sky+ HD box to my TV in the living room but also to the TV in the kitchen. I only installed yesterday and everything seemed to be working, however, we have noticed today than whenever we switch one of the TVs on, if the other is already on, the signal stops and the screen goes blank and then after a few seconds it comes back.

I am no expert but that doesn't see right. Am I missing something?

I bought a Neet 4K splitter from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet-Way-Sp...9679222&sr=8-1&keywords=neet+4k+hdmi+splitter

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

Pete

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
typical handshake issue where the connected items talk to each other - not a problem, just have to deal with it :)

Thanks for the responses so far. I would need to double check but it is a possibility that they don't both support the same resolution. I assume the fact that you've asked means this could be the problem?

HDCP is the content protection system which underpins HDMI.

You are seeng the Source having to renegotiate HDCP 'session' keys with 'both' Displays when it senses a new 'Sink' (Display) has joined the party - that is how HDCP is intended to work.

You can minimise the 'intrusiveness' of HDCP within a Switch or Distribution amp using code and additional components - that all costs money!

Joe

Check if the sky box is set to "auto" under resolution.

Also check if both TV's have the same native resolution and can both accept 1080i

The splitter can only work at one resolution , so will automatically set itself to the lowest that will work with both TV,s.

If both TV,s can accept 1080i, then set the sky box to that rather than auto, this may fix the problem.

Check if the sky box is set to "auto" under resolution.

Also check if both TV's have the same native resolution and can both accept 1080i

The splitter can only work at one resolution , so will automatically set itself to the lowest that will work with both TV,s.

If both TV,s can accept 1080i, then set the sky box to that rather than auto, this may fix the problem.

Thanks for the advice. I will check this out.

HDCP is the content protection system which underpins HDMI.

You are seeng the Source having to renegotiate HDCP 'session' keys with 'both' Displays when it senses a new 'Sink' (Display) has joined the party - that is how HDCP is intended to work.

You can minimise the 'intrusiveness' of HDCP within a Switch or Distribution amp using code and additional components - that all costs money!

Joe

What additional components would be needed to stop this from happening?

'Components' as in bits of tech within the Splitter!

If you continue to see the problem it is time to try an alternative design of Distribution Amp (Splitter) - looks for designs which mention HDCP and EDID management and preferably with a USB port to allow custom Firmware updates/changes.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom