Problem with HD-ED1 ?

tank121

Ex Member
Reaction score
Only had my player for a matter of days and was eagerly awaiting delivery of my first hd-dvd.

I am member of Easycinema online so decided to rent King Kong HD-DVD. The dvd took a little longer than normal to arrive.

Inspected the disk when it arrived and there were a few scratches and marks on it; inserted disk and waited with baited breath....

2 minutes later stuck with just black screen, listening to player just sounded like a clicking noise. All my other normal dvd's play fine.

Do you think the disk is faulty ?

Please help, im dying to see true HD quality...:confused:

Hi,

Could be, there really only is one answer...

Trie another one.

I have a E1 myself and don't have playback problems, which firmware version do you have?

Dimitri

Dont have any other discs yet, what is a good one to buy ?

Hi,

1.2 is the same mine had when I bought it, trie updating on the internet. This shouldn't matter when playing hd dvd's though. I'd say that the disc is faulty. Does sd dvd work?.

Dimitri

p.s. king kong is earthshatteringly beautiful though,:thumbsup:

I can stand one feet away from the screen and I'll like the picture even better.

Trie wiping the disc clean

I am member of Easycinema online so decided to rent King Kong HD-DVD. The dvd took a little longer than normal to arrive.

Inspected the disk when it arrived and there were a few scratches and marks on it; inserted disk and waited with baited breath....

This is why I don't rent HD DVD/Bluray. These new players don't like any marks on the disks! Some of the normal DVD's I've rented in the past have had cracks in them:eek:

Neil.

Just a quick update..

Received four more films from Lovefilm, all play fine.

The Holiday - visuals ok

Return of Superman - yet to watch

The Thing - yet to watch

Smoking Aces - Yet to watch

Any other recommendations to show hd at it's best, currently awaitng my free disks King Kong and Fast and Furious.

My setup is

Toshiba WLT68 32" LCD
Toshiba HD-E1 - now upgraded to firmware 2.0
Marantz 4400 dts amp
Cambridge audio diamond 9.1 fronts and centre
Monitor audio radius 45 rears
Mission sub
Humax 9200t pvr

Apparently Batman Returns picture and audio is exceptionally good. It's on my shopping list.

Slightly OT, but was in town today buying the godfather trilogy boxset for £11.99 in virgin and had a browse through the HD and BR selection - i was very supprised at the prices! pretty much min £25+! where as tesco BB is ~£19.
And the megastores wonder why they are going out of business! Sure this is discussed elsewhere but just reminded of it.:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom