Problem with H56

G

Gwyn Williams

Hi, I have had a H56 for just under 1 year now and noticed that over the last 6 weeks the image had been getting darker and darker. I returned it to the shop I purchased it from and have been told that a new bulb is needed costing £250. I had only clocked up 217 hours on the projector and the literature says it should last for a least 2000 hours. Anyone else had this problem. The projector is still under warantee but the bulb apparently only had 90 days.

Lamps do dim over time, and the first hundred or so hours are quite often where it will dim by around 10% IIRC, but yours sounds more than that. How much dimmer would you say it was?

Contact Optoma and ask if they think it's acceptable that you should be expected to buy a new lamp after just 200 hours - regardless of what the warranty says. Also state that the lamp life is quoted at 2000hrs in the advertising, so if a new lamp is required after 200, then the Advertising Standards and Watchdog will be hearing from you.

Gary.

Gary,

I hope you're keeping well :) .....

S.

Aaaah, I'm glad to see the condition is improving :D .

Sean.

Thanks for your advice Gary, I've phoned Optoma and put forward your comments about Advertising Standards and they have gone away to review the situation and will contact me tomorrow. We'll see what comes of that.

Sean,

I don't know if my condition is improving - I'm getting old so things are going the other way if anything!

Gwyn,

Good luck, and I hope you get a replacement lamp at least, and that it fixes the dimming issue. Let us know how you get on OK?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom