• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem With Guide+ EPG and Pioneer 530

Mike_R

Standard Member
Hi,

I have a Pioneer 530 and a Sony VTX STB. Had them for some time (at least two years) and no problems. A few days ago the EPG grid on the Pioneer was completely empty and in my attempt to sort it out I seem to have deleted all the channels from the Pioneer also. The Pioneer goes through the motions of downloading the EPG as before, says EPG on the front panel, some hard disk activity etc but nothing is downloaded.

On the Guide+ settings screen I have the following:
GUIDE Plus+ Version: 1.00/IR 1.114
Country, PC, Host ID: Un/POSTCODE NOT SHOWN/0000
Host Channel: -
Last Download: -
Next Download: -
Number of Files: 0/0
External Recorder 1: AV2/L/SONY/1526

Obviously the post code is correct.

I can confirm connections but the point is that all was fine until a few days ago and nothing has changed in the setup or connections I have.

Any help gratefully received, manually setting up a recording is a real pain.

Thanks,

Mike.

Graham N

Hi Mike,

I would ask a mod to move your thread to the correct forum,

sorry can't help with your problem though,

Cheers,

Graham

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
Done :smashin:

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi,

I have a Pioneer 530 and a Sony VTX STB. Had them for some time (at least two years) and no problems. A few days ago the EPG grid on the Pioneer was completely empty and in my attempt to sort it out I seem to have deleted all the channels from the Pioneer also. The Pioneer goes through the motions of downloading the EPG as before, says EPG on the front panel, some hard disk activity etc but nothing is downloaded.

On the Guide+ settings screen I have the following:
GUIDE Plus+ Version: 1.00/IR 1.114
Country, PC, Host ID: Un/POSTCODE NOT SHOWN/0000
Host Channel: -
Last Download: -
Next Download: -
Number of Files: 0/0
External Recorder 1: AV2/L/SONY/1526

Obviously the post code is correct.

I can confirm connections but the point is that all was fine until a few days ago and nothing has changed in the setup or connections I have.

Any help gratefully received, manually setting up a recording is a real pain.

Thanks,

Mike.

Hi Mike

I suspect you had already lost all the channels which is why there was no EPG data.

In any event, I suggest you reset the machine by giving it a rest from the mains for 10 minutes and then go through the whole of the standard setup procedure and follow that with setup of guideplus... assuming you have no problems and can get that far.

Mike_R

Standard Member
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I've also found a post regarding a similar problem which suggested doing a reset, press and hold the Stop button while pressing the Standby button, or something like that. Anyway tried that and went through the Setup again, still no joy. One thing I did notice which may or may not be relevant (I'm no technical genius on these things). If I change the input source on the Pioneer from the STB to the analog aerial, I can watch BBC1/BBC2/ITV/C4 as you might expect. The picture quality is OK but I can't get teletext. Should I be able to see teletext, is the fact that I can't the issue? Although again I have not changed any settings or connections between Guide+ working and it not. About ready to give up but happy to try any new suggestions.

Thanks again.

Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom