Problem with graphical glitch in one game that continues into start up but no where else

strontiumbob

Novice Member
Hi there. Having a problem with my gaming system.

specs are:

C854C33E-1FA7-4998-AD18-EB2EC3CBCC2A.jpeg

Using an LG BX65 as the monitor

The issue only occurs in one game, insurgency sandstorm, and then corrects itself but can be seen again only on the start up screen straight after a restart (pics below)

FAFAA72C-0E96-415E-AC59-312D9543D05E.jpeg

154752B8-6DA5-4E7A-8AD5-045EF5E0A36E.jpeg

removing the hdmi cable fixes this and it doesn’t happen on the desktop or in other games (only tried valheim and Tarkov so far)

updated graphics drivers and changed the hdmi port but it still happens, haven’t tried a different cable yet

changing the resolution on insurgency fixes it in the short term and changing to borderless windowed does as well but when loading the game up a second time after, it only displays at about a quarter of the screen size in the top left corner.

i really hope this isn’t a gpu issue. Any help would be great

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Sounds like the game may be using an odd set of timings not properly supported by the screen. What happens if you run it at 3840x2160?

strontiumbob

Novice Member
I reinstalled the game and it seems to have sorted it. Changed the bpc to 8 as someone mentioned that in a different post. Very strange that it continues into the start up screen only sometimes but not desktop or other games. I’m going to install a few other games and test them

I also ran furmark for two 30 minute stints and there were no artefacts.
I think Tarkov is more graphically demanding than insurgency so don’t understand why there would be a problem.

Should I run a benchmark for longer maybe just to stress the gpu a bit?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom