Problem with freeview

Rikki

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and wonder if anyone can help with a problem I have when I connect up my philips smart led tv to my freesat! At the mo i have a samsung 40 in 5year with no freeview(showing signs of age..missing a few lines across). so I swap with the philips(which has freeview) and all the HD chanels are at a much bigger volume than than the SD...so does this mean I have to replace the samsung with a non freeview tv(is this poss?)...or can i do something about it.Any suggestions from you guys would be greatly appreciated..cheers rich

Hi and welcome but your post is hard to understand.
The HD channels on what?...the Freeview HD channels built in to your new Tv?...or the HD channels from the Freesat box connected to your new Tv?

Ok..so the samsung(old)works great with the freesat..but the philips smart tv has all the HD chanels,from the freesat really loud , the SD chanels are much quieter...so when you change chanels you have to be ready with the remote to turn up the sound on the SD programs..hope this explains..thanks for looking

This should really have been posted in our Satellite Tv, Sky Tv & FreeSat forum as the thread title (Freeview) has nothing to do with your symptoms.
Was the Freesat box connected to your old Tv by scart lead or HDMI? and is connected to the new Philips by the same method?
Have you had a look through the sound/audio menu options in your Freesat box?

Well I cant agree that freeview has nothing to do with the problem..because the tv without freeview(hdmi conns) works fine,,only when the freeview smart tv is used as a repacement does the problem occur..anyway cheers

With respect, all TV's sold in the UK now have Digital Terrestrial (Freeview) tuners, I repeat, your problem has nothing to do with Freeview built-in to a Tv...there may well be a problem that is specific to the make/model of Tv you've bought.
If possible try your Freesat box on another modern Tv.

Just round this off..tried another tv and no problem so if I can sort out the paperwork I'll hand this back to John Lewis! Cheers Rich

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom