problem with freeview reception

K

keithrm

Hi all I have just purchased a 19" lcd tv from M+S with a built in dvb receiver for the bedroom and can get resonable reception through a std portable aerial except I cannot get any itv channels or channel 4 or 5 but can get film4 I have purchased a slx compact digital aerial with built in signal booster from maplin which i have fitted in the loft in the same plane and pointing in the same direction as the outdoor aerials and even with the booster switched on I am getting a much worse picture than with the portable aerial any ideas or suggestions :lease:

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
There can be problems with loft aerials.
As well as the attenuation (losses) through the roof slates or tiles, you might, for example, have foil-lined roof felt - which would result in enormous losses.
The aerial may need a better/clearer position.
Experiment with this (after checking the roof material) and try to position the aerial as far from other objects as possible, especially metal ones and water tanks.
Can you try the partially working original indoor aerial in the loft ?
You could also see what recommendations appear if you key your postcode in at the Wolfblane website (as mentioned numerous times in this forum).

Chris Muriel, Manchester

K

keithrm

thanks Chris I will give your suggestions a try
Regards

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom