Quantcast

Problem with EPG on Pioneer DVR-630H

mrtubs

Standard Member
Hi
I have been using the epg on my Pioneer DVR-630H without issue for over a year.
Now, it will not update and leaves the message "to update your guide make sure the DVD is left in standby"
The grid is still there but is empty as it hasn't updated.
I have not changed any settings, and I have checked that no cables have come out etc.
When it comes to the time to update, the front display of the player does shown "epg" indicating that it is updating - but it doesn't actually update.

This is really annoying as the epg is very handy for me.

Any suggestions on how I can get ot to work again?

Ian

Jimmo 32

Novice Member
See Pioneer 530H & Guide+ thread 3 down and Sony HXD890: lost Guide+lists
thread 5 down,(Sony is a rebadged Pioneer) read RamJets explanation. Hope this helps,Jimmo.

Last edited:

Gavtech

Administrator
Any suggestions on how I can get ot to work again?
Unfortunately it never will again... and there is no workaround in the cases where models only have access to the analogue sourced EPG - which is disappearing.

mrtubs

Standard Member
Thanks Guys

It would appear then that the reason it is not updating is that itv are no longer sending an analougue signal.
I also have a skybox attached to the recorder via scart lead. I have no paid subscription to sky, I just use their equipment to view the free channels ( I cannot get freeview in my area and the analougue picture is terrible)
Is there anything I can change to download the epg digitally from the skybox?
Ian

HHGTTG

I have now switched on the alternative EPG guide, as Guideplus+ is no longer working. However whilst I sit here waiting for Fifth Gear to start recording at 7-30pm (the time now being about 7-10pm), the recorder has suddenly woken up as if doing the Guideplus+. Now with the Electronic EPG in action, the the display is showing 'RDY' and so am wondering what this means?

HHGTTG

Whats the alternative epg guide?
On my recorder you had the option, in the set up, to chose Guideplus+ or Electronic Programme Guide (like the TV's EPG list of programmes updated continuously).
I had always using the iffy Guideplus until this week when we were informed that it is no longer providing info./updates via ITV1 analogue channel as of the end of December but seems to be as of now.

mrtubs

Standard Member
Unfortunately cannot find that option on mine. Really liked the guide + as it turned my sky box to the correct channel as well. Assuming that I cannot update via eurosport as i do not subscribe to sky.

HHGTTG

Unfortunately cannot find that option on mine. Really liked the guide + as it turned my sky box to the correct channel as well. Assuming that I cannot update via eurosport as i do not subscribe to sky.
Both the Pioneer and its Sony clones have/or had the choice of using one or the other. I was so used to using Guideplus+ on my older 'analogue' Pioneer recorder I kept on using this on the one that superseded it and so kept on using that system as my partner was familiar with it.

Top Bottom