• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

problem with edison 6200 nl router and huawei e1750 dongle

bokkie

Standard Member
Hi all.
I bought am edison 6200nl router, a huawei e1750 dongle and a 3 data sim.
The plan was to use it with my satelliote receiver.
I was getting nothing on the reciever so tried to see if I could connect on my tablet. I can see the router, click on it to connect and it does. But there is no internet connection.
So to me that means there is something wrong with either the dongle or sim. Any ideas?
I have switched off an on and pushed the reset button at the back to no avail.
Thanks for your help.

cjed

Do you have a laptop/pc you can connect the 3G dongle to to see if it's working ? Most of these dongles have on-board diagnostic/setup software for PCs. I think most SIMMs require some sort of registration process to connect to the 3G network.

bokkie

Standard Member
Do you have a laptop/pc you can connect the 3G dongle to to see if it's working ? Most of these dongles have on-board diagnostic/setup software for PCs. I think most SIMMs require some sort of registration process to connect to the 3G network.

Thanks for your reply.
I did plug it into my pc, the light was flashing but no setup window opened.
I had a quick look in network settings and it didn't appear there either.
As for the sim. The booklet said it was just plug and play. No registration required.
Any other info you can give?
Thanks.

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Use explorer to look on the dongle (it looks just like a usb memory stick). Click on setup.

bokkie

Standard Member
I plugged the dongle into my windows vista pc and can't find it.
I looked under the my computer icon and wasn't there.
Is that where I should be looking?
Under windows explorer I just saw all the files and folders I have on my pc.
Thanks for putting up with a complete newbie.

cjed

The instructions here imply that it should start the software installation automatically. However, the right-hand side of the page also has links to download the PC management software for the dongle (3Connect) directly.

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
It is only pnp as regards it appears initially to be a memory stick so windows should install the drivewr necessary to use a usb memory stick. You should then be able to open the usb drive and run the install program. Looks like you fail at the first fence! Need to understand why it doesn't see it as a memory stick.

bokkie

Standard Member
Yes it doesn't recognise it at all. The light blinks a few times on the dongle, but it doesn't appear as a drive in computer.
Do you reckon it's faulty or is there something else I can try?
I tried the 3 connect software which didn't detect it either, but it's not actually a 3 dongle. It's an unlocked dongle with 3 sim.
Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom