• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

"Problem" with DVDO EDGE? HELP?

GhostRider17

Hey peeps

I bought a DVDO EDGE (not green) a couple of months ago and im really happy with it,got it for a bargain price of £150.

I use it to upscale my ps2/wii and as an HDMI switcher.

Im a bit confused however as when i put it into "game mode" detail enhancement etc are supposed to be disabled,but i can still select them and adjust the settings while in game mode,where other times i cant select them as theyre greyed out!

The tv is DEFO in game mode all of the time as im a huge gamer and selecting/deselecting doesnt make a difference to being able to adjust EE,i can still do it most of the time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I actually upgraded the firmware to 1.62 only today and still notice this.

Cheers

GhostRider17

Does anybody know what im on about? lol

GhostRider17

Ok if anybody care it turns on gamemode only disables the extra features if a progressive signal is being inputted,if its an interlaced signal you can change the settings!

So glad i finally read the manual on the disc :D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom