• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

problem with digital out on xfi xtreme gamer windows 7

snozski

Standard Member
Hi guys

This is a long shot posting this here, but I thought maybe someone has experienced the same problem.

I have a x fi xtreme gamer soundcard in my pc and im trying to get digital out to work to my amp so I can use my plasma screen as second monitor and run xbmc on it.

According to this : Creative Worldwide Support

I should have a custom tab under speaker properties but this is how it looks on my pc :

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

I'm using windows 7 64-bit and the latest drivers for x fi xtreme audio (i've tried reinstalling them and rolling them back also)

I have checked the sound card's label and confirmed its a sb0730x one, which should use mini toslink to toslink cable which I have.

My amp is a samsung ht-tz325.

I've spent ages googling around and not found an answer , I've contacted creative support but they are not keen it seems to give me support as my card is OEM. I've also posted on creative forum with no replies. I know creative support suck anyway so I'm not expecting them to come up with an answer.

This is super frustrating having just spent out around £100 on cables and wireless mouse/keyboard to set this up, any advice or even tips on how I could go around finding a solution would be much appreciated !

Thanks

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

snozski

Standard Member
Nevermind, it seems the signal i get from the mini toslink to toslink lead is really weak, i plugged it directly into my amp and it works fine, going through my switch box it dont, wierd though as ps3/freeview hd/x360 work fine.

For future referenace if anyone searches this, under win 7 digital out works auto with this card you dont need to enable digital i/o.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom