problem with denon 2910

A

aitordonosti

Hello,

I recently purchased a denon 2910 and when i hook it to a sony monitor via DVI I see the picture on the screen but it comes and goes every couple of seconds (it seens that the monitor looses the signal).

Can anyone help me please?

Timbo21

aitordonosti said:
Hello,

I recently purchased a denon 2910 and when i hook it to a sony monitor via DVI I see the picture on the screen but it comes and goes every couple of seconds (it seens that the monitor looses the signal).

Can anyone help me please?

Try a different cable. DVI may not work that well over 7m lengths.

ozdvduser

I'm using a 10mtr Lindy DVI cable and it works fine - get a good quality cable

A

aitordonosti

I have tried with a different cable (1,5m DVI-D) but the problem remains the same.
If it was due to HDCP i guess i couldn't see anything at all. Right? But as i said in the thread i see the image for 2 seconds and it goes away for another 2 and then comes back (it happends all the time).

DodgeTheViper

This is more like a compatability issue between the 2910 and your monitor. It's probably down to the player.

A

aitordonosti

correct me if I'm wrong... but if it was a HDCP problem... could I see any image al all?

thank you

ahin4114

aitordonosti said:
correct me if I'm wrong... but if it was a HDCP problem... could I see any image al all?

thank you

No, if the HDCP handshake fails then you should be left pictureless, or with some kind of message on the screen. I wouldn't expect the image to be intermittent. Do you get a picture through scart or component? Have you tested the input on the tele with another source. Both worth trying. Also if you can, check the DVI on the DVD player on another set....

A

aitordonosti

I have checked with a scart cable and everything is fine. But when I use the dvi cable, the image is intermittent.

G

gambole

whare you running the player on 720p or 1080i, i have seen this problem before when the screen doesnt accept 1080i

DodgeTheViper

I get this same issue with my 2910. But at this stage i dont know if it is the player or my PJ

sfaok

Have you tried turning off autoformat (4:3 or Widescreen) on your display? Had a similar problem with my Toshiba LCD and HDMI from my Pioneer AX2.

A

aitordonosti

I have tried it at 720p, 1080i... but there is no difference. I think I'll try what lspencer4321 says about turning off autoformat.

I hope it's just that. I'll tell you this afternoon.

Thank you

A

aitordonosti

I've tried changing 4:3 LB, PS and widescreen, but with no effect. The problem remains the same.

A

abbarr

I had/have the same problem with hdmi. I patched the 2910 with latest firmware and it worked immediately. The next day, it went back to the same state (exactly as you describe). I'm sending the signal to a panny ae900u. Can get 420p intermittently, but no 720 or 1080. Currently at a loss for a fix. Using a blue jeans 35ft cable (too long???).

Cheers,

Alan

J

jordanash

These darn 2910s ! When they work, the picture is outstanding but they do seem to be "picky" about playing. I get a similar flickering on my Loewe LCD via the 2910. When it does this, I set the DVD disc to play, turn the LCD off, wait until the disc is 30 seconds or so into the movie and then turn the set back on: and the connection looks fine. In fact, so fine, that I'm prepared to put up with all the malarky (doesn't happen that often, anyway).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom