Problem with Denon 2800

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Sammy, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Sammy

Sammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought the player and I am experiencing the following problems.

1) Playback of Shrek r2 is very jerky, ie, the picture is moving up and down somewhat. I have also experienced this with Toy Story r2.

2) There are coloured bars at the top of the screen, is this normal?

My set up is as follows,

Video outut... RGB
    I have it set to progressive scan through a Loewe Calida tv but the ame problem occurs when set to interlaced as well. The player is put through a coaxial lead to a Denon 3802 amp..

I would really appreciate some advice on whether my set up is wrong or the player is faulty or indeed the discs are faulty,

Thanks in advance

Sammy

2. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NOTE: The player can't output progressive scan by RGB, only by component. It also can't do progressive PAL (R2) without a modification of it's firmware.

Have you tried setting the "Video mode" to "Video"? This setting if found by pressing the "Setup" button on the remote and choosing "3 VideoSetup". That fixed the green line I got at the bottom of the screen when outputting RGB to the TV. If it's already set to "Video" then try one of the other alternatives.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also experienced the problem with jerky pictures on the godfather. This was through the component outs. A slight flicker on the RGB out on the scart also exists. Needless to say I've been back to Sevenoaks who are ordering me a replacement.

Dean

4. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When did you buy the player? I bought one early last year and it had lots of problems. I got a replacement in late July which has worked perfectly except for the odd stutter on dirty discs.

My old Pioneer DV-717 stuttered often while the Denon very seldom stutters. I love it. :)

I hope your replacement works better.

5. Sammy

Sammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK guys, looks like it will have to go back!

Thanks for your feedback.