Problem with DD on Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gram99, Oct 5, 2002.

1. gram99

gram99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay whilst watching a few films on Sky Premier WS with DD I noticed my rears were very quiet, so it turns out that I am really getting very littlesound from my rears. I go into services and switch the sky box over to normal sound and start watching the film again and It is now outputing PL11 and I am getting good sound from the rears! Is my Sky+ box faulty?
    My amp is a Denon 1802 and It's fine with any other DD source, and it is also displaying that it is receiving DD but very little sound is coming from the rears. Should I phone Sky?

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Is your optical set to Dolby Digital in your sky+ setup? I only ask 'cos I found mine sets to DS as the default, so when I reset the system recently, i'd forgotten about this resulting in me wondering why everything suddenly sounded awful.

EDIT just re-read your post and realised that you had turned off DD!

3. gram99

gram99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes its set to output Dolby. My amp is also receiving it as DD 5.1 but the rears are just so quiet. The amp is not the problem as it plays all my dvds great.