1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with daemon Tools, DVD Decrypter and PowerDVD

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Messiah, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I have been using DVD Decrypter to rip DVD's as ISO files to my hard drive then using Daemon Tools to mount those images to my virtual F: drive then playing them through PowerDVD.

This has been working fine all week but when I went to the PC now I just get an error message from PowerDVD saying Unsupported file type when I try to play them. When I look at the actual files they now have an .MDS file extension.

Anyone any ideas what has happened and why they no onger play. The only thing I have done on my PC since the last time they played is setting up Girder. This is madness :mad:

Thanks.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Neil,

Assuming that something hasn't scrambled the files, (and assuming that this isn't too simplistic a suggestion...) Why don't you re-name the files with an "iso" extension and see if that does the trick.....

Sounds like Girder doesn't like you...........

All the best,

Sean.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Tried that, doesn't work. I think it was most likely the Theatertek upgrade which has done it. The new version adds support for multiple drives and I just wonder whether that has cocked it up somehow. Luckily I have only done 2 discs so far and a new one I have just done works OK. So something done on the PC has definitely affected them.

Damned PCs :mad:

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

Oh yes indeed !! Another convert.....;) My main aim at the mo' is make the bloomin' thing quiet....... Zalman cooler and a quiet PSU ( I figure a Kramer mod might sort that out.......) are on the agenda. Still reckon it's the best picture quality going for me.

Sean..

5. TEK

TEK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There should be an option under the ISO settings to uncheck MDS creation - in theory you should then just get the one ISO :/

6. am1001aauk

am1001aauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its probably totally unrelated but I used to get that error message with powerdvd - and what I did to get rid of it was to remove any spaces in the file path.

eg

f:\movie.iso

rather than

f:\this movie.iso

7. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks, I'll try that. Problem was as well though that even Daemon could not mount the images. Something really screwed up. I deleted the mobvies I'd done and re-iso'd them.

Thanks.