1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with consoles on LCD TV's? Solved for JVC LT-23E75!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Gagzi, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Gagzi

Gagzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Evening all,

I've recently invested in a 23 inch LCD. Its a JVC LT-23E75. The main reason I've bought it for is to replace my old PC monitor and be able to plug my PS2 into the same TV to save up a lot of space.

Firsty the resolution is great and you can set it to 1280 x 768. It looks great on the screen and is as clear as my old monitor.

However I got a problem when I plugged my PS2 into it. It was giving me a fuzzy picture that has been mentioned on here in the past with other LCD screens. I was not happy at all and even considered giving it back.

I bought my PS2 quite a while back and don't know if they still give the video cables that plug into a scart adaptor to put into your PC. Well that is the cable that I had and it worked fine on my old CRT TV and I thought it would be the same on this but no, the picture was horrid. I even tried to take off the scart adaptor and put the video cables in on their own but this was obviously going to give me the same results.

In the end I went to Currys and thought I'd buy a new cable for my PS2 which was a direct PS2 RGB scart link and hey presto.. I've got crystal clear PS2 and PC link up! And I can do Picture in Picture which is great!

If anyone else has had this problem and thinks this could help then the cable I bought was a Mad Catz RGB Scart cable from Currys for £12.99 (probably way cheaper on net but I was desperate!).

Just thought I'd let you know. Overall very happy with this JVC LCD TV.. I've already got a 42 inch Viera in the living room which is absolutely brilliant.. highly recommend that too. :smashin: :D

2. rafaqat

rafaqat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the standard cable that comes with the Ps2 is composite.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    as with all consoles..... getting bettter cables can give Big PQ imporvements for a few Quid.....

4. Koing

Koing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well hornydragon the cables that come with the consoles are mainl 'composite' and with a 'composite to scart' adapter. THAT is not a true scart cable. Scart and RGB scart is much better.

The composite to scart thing just let people use a scart instead of composite connection. But in no way do you get scart quality that way.

I hope the PS3 has has a VGA or DVI out :D

Koing